In this online feature, FSM readers find more practical and hot topic articles with contributions from experts in industry, and services and technology development companies.
Published exclusively on our webiste, Signature Series articles both further discussion of topics covered in the magazine and begin new topic threads, providing a value-added resource for food safety and quality assurance professionals.
Food Safety Magazine Signature Series content allows readers to get more information, faster. Visit often to read the latest additions to the Signature Series editorial line-up!
- Controlling Allergens in Food Manufacturing Plants
- September 4, 2014
- By Camila Gadotti, M.S.
Allergens are responsible for the majority of food recalls in the U.S. today.
- Analytical Method Validation of Food Safety Tests – Demonstrating Fitness-for-Purpose
- September 3, 2014
- By Sara Stead, Ph.D.
Validation of methods for food safety testing should be based on robust, accurate data.
- Moving beyond NSF H1: What the ISO 21469 Lubricant Standard Means for Food Safety
- August 26, 2014
- By Klüber Lubrication
End-users benefit from assurance through third-party process audits and product analysis that the ISO 21469-compliant lubricants will consistently meet food safety requirements.
- A New Unique Detection Technology for “Invisible” Foreign Bodies
- August 25, 2014
- By Food Radar
Although detection technologies have come a long way, low-density foreign bodies are still invisible to all established detection systems—until now.
- Food Safety at the Heart of Rice Processing
- June 13, 2014
- By Bühler
Coupled with the ever-present need for greater capacity, efficiency and profitability, food safety is increasingly the linchpin of successful operations in the food industry.
- Peracetic Acid in the Fresh Food Industry
- June 13, 2014
- By Richard Warburton, ChemDAQ
Chemical treatments of food with compounds such as peracetic acid are among the most effective methods for control of microbial contamination.
- Choosing the Right Pest Control Provider for Your Facility
- June 12, 2014
- By Zia Siddiqi, Ph.D., B.C.E.
Pest management in food facilities is only as good as the pest management provider with whom you partner.
- Analysis of Pesticides in Baby Foods Using Triple Quad GC/MS/MS
- June 11, 2014
- By Zhuangzhi “Max” Wang, Ph.D., Richard R. Whitney, Ph.D., Nicole M. Lock, Laura Chambers and Clifford M. Taylor
Contamination of food products with pesticides is a growing concern because of recognized adverse health effects and increasing imports of raw foodstuffs from foreign sources.
- Contamination Evaluation Begins With Light Microscopy
- May 29, 2014
- By Gretchen Shearer
Examination of foreign material in foods can be accomplished using a stereomicroscope to provide preliminary identification of the unknown material and help direct further analysis of the particle.
- Coaching Technology: Mobile App Improves Food Safety Culture
- May 28, 2014
- By Laura Dunn Nelson
Food safety training can be enhanced using mobile device coaching
- More Results: