In this online feature, Food Safety Magazine readers find practical articles from food industry experts at service and technology development companies.
Published exclusively on our webiste, Signature Series articles both further discussion of topics covered in the magazine and begin new topic threads, providing a value-added resource for food safety and quality assurance professionals.
Food Safety Magazine Signature Series content allows readers to get more information, faster. Visit often to read the latest additions to the Signature Series line-up!
- Preventing Undeclared Food Allergens Using Vision Systems
- November 26, 2014
- By Mark Schmid
Banner Engineering’s iVu vision sensor provides a high-tech, digital solution for inspecting the presence or absence of specific allergens in foods and product labels.
- Enforcing Hand Hygiene: The Pure Hold Hygiene Handle
- November 21, 2014
- By Pure Hold
Pure Hold’s new Hygiene Handle prevents contaminants from entering food processing and production areas with automated sanitizing gel applied through entry doors.
- Using Gas and Liquid Chromatography Coupled Tandem Mass Spectrometry Systems for Pesticide Quantification in Exported Fruit and Vegetables
- November 19, 2014
- By Joe Anacleto, Helen (Qingyu) Sun and Zicheng Wang
A case study by Bruker Daltronics tests for pesticide residue on rice, avocado and spinach using a modified QuEChERS protocol.
- Electrolyzed Water: Instilling Confidence in the Future of Food Safety
- November 5, 2014
- By eWater Advantage
eWater does it all, effectively cleaning and sanitizing everything from fruits and vegetables to surfaces, cutting boards, utensils, bathrooms and more.
- Natural Foods Are a Lifestyle, Not a Trend, For Many Shoppers
- October 30, 2014
- By Suley Muratoglu
After decades of increasing complexity and processing interventions in food, natural foods advocates are taking things back, and consumers are responding.
- Tea Trouble: How Formulations Meet Packaging Needs, Not Consumers’
- October 27, 2014
- By Suley Muratoglu
To meet bottling regulations, much ready-to-drink tea is acidified and sweetened. Yet health-conscious shoppers want premium teas with less sugar.
- Increasing the Efficiency and Accuracy of Pesticide Residue Screening in Food Using Microfluidic Chromatography and Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry
- October 22, 2014
- By Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation explores efficient methods in pesticide residue analysis in food.
- Cider Maker H.P. Bulmer Speeds Up Profits with Videojet’s 1600 Series High-Utilization Printers
- October 16, 2014
- By Videojet Technologies
H.P. Bulmer’s facility-wide machine upgrade required new and innovative inkjet printing technology that Videojet Technologies seamlessly delivered.
- Emerging Risk Identification in the Age of Social Media
- October 14, 2014
- By Adrienne M. Dunham and Forrest M. Hillery
Digital Echo allows companies within the food safety industry to quickly identify online controversies and react proactively, ultimately avoiding a brand damaging social media debacle.
- How to Ensure Your Food Safety Audit Goes Well
- October 10, 2014
- By Jeff Maree
Ensure a great food safety audit by following official procedures, upholding sanitation standards and consistently reviewing regulations and quality assurance.
- More Results: