In this online feature, FSM readers find more practical and hot topic articles with contributions from experts in industry, and services and technology development companies.
Published exclusively on our webiste, Signature Series articles both further discussion of topics covered in the magazine and begin new topic threads, providing a value-added resource for food safety and quality assurance professionals.
Food Safety Magazine Signature Series content allows readers to get more information, faster. Visit often to read the latest additions to the Signature Series editorial line-up!
- Hygienic Design Enhances Food Safety, Brand Protection and the Bottom Line
- December 14, 2017
- By Rolando Gonzalez and Bill Sutton
This article explains how sound sanitary design can help food manufacturers to comply with the latest food safety rules and regulations.
- The Bane of Snack Foods: Acrylamide
- December 4, 2017
- By Steve Campbell
Acrylamide—a food contaminant—is pervasive in the food supply, found in literally thousands of food and beverage products consumed every day worldwide. And while it may not yet be widely recognized by the public, almost every person on the planet who eats cooked or manufactured food ingests acrylamide on a regular basis.
- Back to the Future: Propelling Agriculture with Business Metrics, Automation and Technology
- November 20, 2017
- By Tom Gruenwald
There are myriad ways that technology can benefit the farming industry. This article explains many of the most innovative, up-to-date solutions.
- Beyond the Buzz – How Food Manufacturers Realize the True Value of IIoT
- November 13, 2017
- By Jason Anderson
Three ways the food and beverages manufacturers can overcome the perils of technology and embrace the concept of industrial internet of things.
- What You Need to Know About Plastic Food Packaging
- November 10, 2017
- By Mohan Naik
A summary of how plastic materials help to protect the foods we consume every day.
- Key Practices in the Fight Against Pests
- November 7, 2017
- By Chelle Hartzer
Advice on how to get employees on board with keeping your food facility pest-free.
- Technology’s Role in Eradicating Foodborne Illness
- November 6, 2017
- By Mahni Ghorashi
To have a chance at eradicating foodborne illness, the food industry needs to not only leverage today’s data collection technologies, testing capabilities and analytics but also coordinate our efforts to build a comprehensive view of food safety across the global food industry.
- Monitoring Polar Compounds in Fryer Oil
- October 24, 2017
- By Emport
Emport explains how polar compounds are created, how they can be easily monitored and how this all relates to the deep frying of foods.
- Selecting Seals for Global Food-Contact Applications
- September 26, 2017
- By Michael McNally
How do the U.S. and E.U. regulate food-contact substances and how they are applied to food?
- FSMA’s Focus Turns to Small and Very Small Companies: Good News for Businesses and Consumers
- September 25, 2017
- By Rob Wong
With small businesses needing to come into compliance with FSMA in 2018, it is critical that these companies begin the implementation process now.
- More Results: