In this online feature, Food Safety Magazine readers find practical articles from food industry experts at service and technology development companies.
Published exclusively on our webiste, Signature Series articles both further discussion of topics covered in the magazine and begin new topic threads, providing a value-added resource for food safety and quality assurance professionals.
Food Safety Magazine Signature Series content allows readers to get more information, faster. Visit often to read the latest additions to the Signature Series line-up!
- How Do Microscopy Methods Reveal the Source of Trace Contaminants?
- August 11, 2015
- By Craig S. Schwandt, Ph.D.
In order to reveal the origin of food contaminants—along with possible solutions—a sound collection method involving microscopy is essential.
- Supply Chain Risk Management: Current Industry Practices, Key Challenges and Requirements
- June 29, 2015
- By Evangelia Komitopoulou
A survey reveals that while companies in the food industry do have systems and processes in place to manage their supply chain network, those systems are not always the most effective.
- Affordable Business Management Systems for Food Manufacturers, Distributors
- June 23, 2015
- By Oneir Solutions
Factors such as price, speed of implementation and scalability are a must when small and growing food companies plan to implement new business management software.
- Expert Interview: Paul Young, Ph.D., Speaks about Food Safety Capacity Building
- June 16, 2015
- By Food Safety Magazine
An Interview with Paul Young, Ph.D., senior director, food & environment business operations at Waters Corporation.
- Allergen/Gluten Control in Process Systems
- June 11, 2015
- By David McCarthy
In order for food production cycles to run back-to-back without the risk of cross-contamination or carryover, a control and monitoring system needs to be in place to help mitigate these risks.
- Slippery Coatings: Eliminates Food Waste; Safe to Eat?
- May 21, 2015
- By Dave Smith
LiquiGuide’s liquid-impregnated surfaces can help to prevent food waste while making food packaging less of a hassle for consumers.
- Application-Specific Shrink Tunnels
- May 6, 2015
- By Del Williams
Food processors send a variety of products--even oversized and unusually shaped items--through shrink tunnels designed for speed, energy efficiency and low operational costs.
- Securing the Global Food Chain Proactively
- April 22, 2015
- By Tim Curran
Government regulations and lab testing are just a fraction of what food companies should be focused on to ensure the complete safety and satisfaction of consumers.
- Know your Environment: The Essential Role of Environmental Monitoring for Ensuring Food Safety
- April 3, 2015
- By John Sweeney and Damien Tuleu
April 7, 2015 was World Health Day--an annual event established by the World Health Organization (WHO) to draw attention to a topic of global significance. This year, the day was dedicated to food safety.
- FlyPunch! Keeping Fruit Flies at Bay the Natural Way
- March 25, 2015
- By Mat Franken
Keeping fruit flies at bay with FlyPunch!, a nontoxic, commercial grade insect repellant that’s ideal for food manufacturers, restaurants, bars, breweries and more.
- More Results: