In this online feature, Food Safety Magazine readers find practical articles from food industry experts at service and technology development companies.
Published exclusively on our webiste, Signature Series articles both further discussion of topics covered in the magazine and begin new topic threads, providing a value-added resource for food safety and quality assurance professionals.
Food Safety Magazine Signature Series content allows readers to get more information, faster. Visit often to read the latest additions to the Signature Series line-up!
- Protecting Your Customers from Foodborne Illness
- September 2, 2015
- By Dale A. Grinstead, Ph.D.
With greater knowledge of common illness-causing issues, businesses can reduce the occurrence and impact of outbreaks and food recalls ensuring brand protection and higher sales.
- Battle of the Birds: How to Keep Birds Out of Restaurants and Food Production Facilities
- August 27, 2015
- By Kelly A. Nelson
Keeping birds away of your food preparation or dining areas isn’t just desirable—it’s necessary. Here’s how to develop the right protocols and procedures to keep them out.
- Food Processing Surface Sanitation Using Chemical-Free Dry Steam
- August 20, 2015
- By Stewart Lebrun, PhD, Roxanne Chan, MD and Shannon Carey
Dry steam significantly reduces presence of food particles and pathogens from stainless steel after an 8-second cleaning.
- How Do Microscopy Methods Reveal the Source of Trace Contaminants?
- August 11, 2015
- By Craig S. Schwandt, Ph.D.
In order to reveal the origin of food contaminants—along with possible solutions—a sound collection method involving microscopy is essential.
- Supply Chain Risk Management: Current Industry Practices, Key Challenges and Requirements
- June 29, 2015
- By Evangelia Komitopoulou
A survey reveals that while companies in the food industry do have systems and processes in place to manage their supply chain network, those systems are not always the most effective.
- Affordable Business Management Systems for Food Manufacturers, Distributors
- June 23, 2015
- By Oneir Solutions
Factors such as price, speed of implementation and scalability are a must when small and growing food companies plan to implement new business management software.
- Expert Interview: Paul Young, Ph.D., Speaks about Food Safety Capacity Building
- June 16, 2015
- By Food Safety Magazine
An Interview with Paul Young, Ph.D., senior director, food & environment business operations at Waters Corporation.
- Allergen/Gluten Control in Process Systems
- June 11, 2015
- By David McCarthy
In order for food production cycles to run back-to-back without the risk of cross-contamination or carryover, a control and monitoring system needs to be in place to help mitigate these risks.
- Slippery Coatings: Eliminates Food Waste; Safe to Eat?
- May 21, 2015
- By Dave Smith
LiquiGuide’s liquid-impregnated surfaces can help to prevent food waste while making food packaging less of a hassle for consumers.
- Application-Specific Shrink Tunnels
- May 6, 2015
- By Del Williams
Food processors send a variety of products--even oversized and unusually shaped items--through shrink tunnels designed for speed, energy efficiency and low operational costs.
- More Results: