Food Safety Matters is a podcast for food safety professionals hosted by the Food Safety Magazine editorial team – the leading media brand in food safety for over 20 years. Each episode will feature a conversation with a food safety professional sharing their experiences and insights of the important job of safeguarding the world’s food supply.
- April 23, 2019
- Ep. 47. Craig Wilson: Costco’s Food Safety Leadership
Costco's Craig Wilson gives us the scoop on how he oversees food safety at the massive chain of membership-only warehouse clubs.
- May 1, 2019
- Tetra Pak: Advances in Successful Dairy Separation
In this BONUS episode of Food Safety Matters, we hear from Tetra Pak about the process and technology behind milk separation.
- April 9, 2019
- Ep. 46. GFSI: Yiannas, Jespersen, and Robach Weigh In on the Conference
Food safety heavy hitters Frank Yiannas, Lone Jespersen, and Mike Robach give their lessons learned from this year's GFSI conference held in Nice, France.
- March 26, 2019
- Ep. 45. David Acheson: The Challenges of Communicating Food Safety to Consumers
Once again, we chat with David Acheson about the challenges of balancing science with consumer psychology. Also, we hear from Hilary Thesmar and Shelley Feist about the 2019 Consumer Food Safety Education Conference.
- March 12, 2019
- Ep. 44. Jeremy Zenlea: C-Stores—Food Safety on the Go
Jeremy Zenlea of Cumberland Farms gives us an insightful look at food safety from a unique and perhaps even overlooked perspective—convenience stores.
- February 26, 2019
- Ep. 43. Samuel Godefroy: Food Regulations on a Global Scale
In this episode, University of Laval's Samuel Godefroy goes into detail about the steps, strategies, and challenges that come into play when creating new regulations and legislation related to food safety.
- February 18, 2019
- Neogen: Meet MSU’s Food Processing and Innovation Center
In this BONUS interview, Matt Birbeck (FPIC) and Gerry Broski (Neogen) go into great detail about how the FPIC can help food companies with their research and development efforts.
- February 12, 2019
- Ep. 42. Joe Stout: Sanitation and Hygienic Design in the Food Plant
Joe Stout explains why sanitation is the foundation of food safety and public health, and hygienic design's role in the future of food safety.
- January 22, 2019
- Ep. 41. Sara Mortimore: HACCP—A Practical Approach
Sara Mortimore breaks down the ins and outs of HACCP, and the importance of having the right people in place to implement it.
- January 8, 2019
- Ep. 40. Chris Elliott: Food Crime: A Global Challenge
Chris Elliott discusses investigating the 2013 horsemeat scandal, the cutting-edge technology of "food fingerprinting," and various forms of food crime that occur all over the world.
- More Results: