Food Safety Matters is a podcast for food safety professionals hosted by the Food Safety Magazine editorial team – the leading media brand in food safety for over 20 years. Each episode will feature a conversation with a food safety professional sharing their experiences and insights of the important job of safeguarding the world’s food supply.
- March 12, 2019
- Ep. 44. Jeremy Zenlea: C-Stores—Food Safety on the Go
Jeremy Zenlea of Cumberland Farms gives us an insightful look at food safety from a unique and perhaps even overlooked perspective—convenience stores.
- February 26, 2019
- Ep. 43. Samuel Godefroy: Food Regulations on a Global Scale
In this episode, University of Laval's Samuel Godefroy goes into detail about the steps, strategies, and challenges that come into play when creating new regulations and legislation related to food safety.
- February 18, 2019
- Neogen: Meet MSU’s Food Processing and Innovation Center
In this BONUS interview, Matt Birbeck (FPIC) and Gerry Broski (Neogen) go into great detail about how the FPIC can help food companies with their research and development efforts.
- February 12, 2019
- Ep. 42. Joe Stout: Sanitation and Hygienic Design in the Food Plant
Joe Stout explains why sanitation is the foundation of food safety and public health, and hygienic design's role in the future of food safety.
- January 22, 2019
- Ep. 41. Sara Mortimore: HACCP—A Practical Approach
Sara Mortimore breaks down the ins and outs of HACCP, and the importance of having the right people in place to implement it.
- January 8, 2019
- Ep. 40. Chris Elliott: Food Crime: A Global Challenge
Chris Elliott discusses investigating the 2013 horsemeat scandal, the cutting-edge technology of "food fingerprinting," and various forms of food crime that occur all over the world.
- December 11, 2018
- Ep. 39: 2018: The Year of the Outbreak
What were the biggest food safety stories in 2018? The Food Safety Matters team looks back on the year.
- November 27, 2018
- Ep. 38. Maria Lapinski Risk Communication and Social Media
MSU's Maria Lapinski talks to us about consumers' social networking habits and how they can impact attitudes and behaviors related to food safety.
- November 13, 2018
- Ep. 37. Keith Warriner: Produce, Biosensors, and Successful Research
What's going on in the world of food safety research? Keith Warriner Ph.D. of the University of Guelph walks us through the latest developments that he and his colleagues are working on.
- October 23, 2018
- Ep. 36. Mike Cramer: Environmental Monitoring and Listeria Control
Mike Cramer joins the Food Safety Matters podcast for the second time, this time to dive a bit deeper into environmental monitoring and Listeria.
- More Results: