Food Safety Matters is a podcast for food safety professionals hosted by the Food Safety Magazine editorial team – the leading media brand in food safety for over 20 years. Each episode will feature a conversation with a food safety professional sharing their experiences and insights of the important job of safeguarding the world’s food supply.
- September 12, 2017
- Ep. 9. Bill Sperber: "We never had problems like this until you came along"
Dr. Bill Sperber shares insights from his 50+ year career in food safety that includes developing and implementing HACCP while at Pillsbury, advancements in technology and how he came to be known as 'The Friendly Microbiologist'.
- August 22, 2017
- Ep. 8. Ben Chapman: “We have to take a risk communication approach”
Ben Chapman discusses the role of NC State Extension in supporting local retail, foodservice and consumer food safety and what works when communicating risk to consumers and businesses.
- August 8, 2017
- Ep. 7. Scott Brooks: "Never let a crisis go to waste"
Scott Brooks discusses how food facilities can adequately prepare for FDA FSMA inspections, along with how to balance food safety goals with other business goals.
- July 25, 2017
- Ep. 6. Joe Corby: "It’s important that you know who the players are"
Joe Corby—executive director of the Association of Food & Drug Officials (AFDO)—speaks to Food Safety Magazine about how the food industry can take advantage of AFDO's expertise, tools and more.
- July 11, 2017
- Ep. 5. John Spink: "We'll never arrest our way to food protection"
Food Safety Magazine speaks to John Spink on all things food fraud, food defense and food protection. Plus a discussion with Don Schaffner about the recent Rutgers handwashing study.
- June 27, 2017
- Ep. 4. Steve Taylor: “The number one reason for food allergen recalls is…”
In this episode, we sit down with food allergy expert Steve Taylor to discuss the current state of food allergens in food processing, current research techniques, and how the industry can help consumers to better cope with food sensitivities.
- June 13, 2017
- Ep. 3. Lone Jespersen: "Culture comes first"
In this episode of Food Safety Matters, Food Safety Magazine gets real with Lone Jespersen about why every food business needs to take food safety culture seriously.
- May 23, 2017
- Ep. 2. Larry Keener: "Food safety is manufactured"
Larry Keener—an internationally regarded microbiologist and process authority—speaks to Food Safety Magazine about the past, present and future of food processing technology.
- May 9, 2017
- Ep. 1. Dave Theno: "No one cooks their salad"
Food Safety Magazine speaks to industry pioneer Dave Theno on all things food safety.
- Introduction to Food Safety Matters
Food Safety Magazine's editorial team, Barbara Van Renterghem, editorial director, Tiffany Maberry, digital editor and Stacy Atchison, publisher talk about what to expect from our new podcast — Food Safety Matters.