Food Safety Matters is a podcast for food safety professionals hosted by the Food Safety Magazine editorial team – the leading media brand in food safety for over 20 years. Each episode will feature a conversation with a food safety professional sharing their experiences and insights of the important job of safeguarding the world’s food supply.
- July 9, 2019
- Ep. 52. Joan Menke-Schaenzer: Navigating Foodborne Outbreaks and Recalls
In this episode of Food Safety Matters, Joan Menke-Schaenzer engages in a lively discussion about food safety decision-making, and how she's managed multiple foodborne outbreaks tied to her employers' food products.
- June 25, 2019
- Ep. 51. Bob Powitz: The Right Way to Clean and Sanitize—Part II
In Part II of our chat with sanitarian Bob Powitz, he delves into analyzing a food facility's cleaning and sanitizing practices, proper use of chemicals, and more.
- June 10, 2019
- Ep. 50. Bob Powitz: The Right Way to Clean and Sanitize—Part I
In Part I of our chat with sanitarian Bob Powitz, he explains the right way to go about cleaning and sanitizing a food processing facility.
- May 30, 2019
- IFC: Pest Management and FSMA
In this BONUS episode of Food Safety Matters, two experts from IFC tell all about how to make sure your pest management program complies with new FSMA regulations.
- May 28, 2019
- Ep. 49. Jeff Farber: Listeria and Emerging Food Safety Threats
University of Guelph's Jeff Farber talks about Listeria monocytogenes, and what he believes are the many factors contributing to today's foodborne illness outbreaks.
- May 14, 2019
- Ep. 48: Live from the Food Safety Summit
This episode was recorded live at the 21st annual Food Safety Summit in Rosemont, IL. Interview guests include Craig Henry, Gary Ades, Paul Kieker, and Will Daniels.
- April 23, 2019
- Ep. 47. Craig Wilson: Costco’s Food Safety Leadership
Costco's Craig Wilson gives us the scoop on how he oversees food safety at the massive chain of membership-only warehouse clubs.
- May 1, 2019
- Tetra Pak: Advances in Successful Dairy Separation
In this BONUS episode of Food Safety Matters, we hear from Tetra Pak about the process and technology behind milk separation.
- April 9, 2019
- Ep. 46. GFSI: Yiannas, Jespersen, and Robach Weigh In on the Conference
Food safety heavy hitters Frank Yiannas, Lone Jespersen, and Mike Robach give their lessons learned from this year's GFSI conference held in Nice, France.
- March 26, 2019
- Ep. 45. David Acheson: The Challenges of Communicating Food Safety to Consumers
Once again, we chat with David Acheson about the challenges of balancing science with consumer psychology. Also, we hear from Hilary Thesmar and Shelley Feist about the 2019 Consumer Food Safety Education Conference.
- More Results: