Food Safety Matters is a podcast for food safety professionals hosted by the Food Safety Magazine editorial team – the leading media brand in food safety for over 20 years. Each episode will feature a conversation with a food safety professional sharing their experiences and insights of the important job of safeguarding the world’s food supply.
- September 22, 2020
- Ep. 80. Bob Gravani: Unconscious Competence in Food Safety
Bob Gravani discusses the evolution of food safety and how not doing the right thing is often the root of food safety problems.
- September 8, 2020
- Ep. 79. Hal King: Food Safety Management Systems in Foodservice and Retail
Hal King joins us again, this time discussing foodborne disease outbreaks in the foodservice/retail sector, and how COVID-19 now comes into play.
- August 25, 2020
- Ep. 78. Jespersen, Tanner, and Coole: Sustaining Food Safety Culture
Lone Jespersen, Marie Tanner, and Neil Coole discuss all aspects of food safety culture, including how the concept has evolved amid the COVID pandemic.
- August 11, 2020
- Ep. 77. FSPCA Panel: Virtual Food Safety Training
This episode features a panel of the Food Safety Preventive Control Alliance (FSPCA)'s lead instructors. They discuss virtual food safety training in the age of COVID.
- August 5, 2020
- IFC: Fogging & Insect Growth Regulators
In this BONUS episode of Food Safety Matters, we speak—for the third time—to Sharon Dobesh (director of technical services) and Jerry Heath (staff entomologist) from the Industrial Fumigant Company (IFC) about insect growth regulators (IGR) and how these compounds can benefit a pest control management plan.
- July 28, 2020
- Ep. 76. Joe Stout: To Seek and Destroy the Listeria Foxhole
Joe Stout joins us again on the podcast to chat about all things Listeria control and environmental monitoring.
- July 14, 2020
- Ep. 75. John Keogh and C.J. Unis: Supply Chains After COVID—Part II
In Part II, John Keogh and C.J. Unis continue discussing COVID-19 and its future impact on the food industry supply chain.
- June 23, 2020
- Ep. 74. John Keogh and C.J. Unis: Supply Chains After COVID—Part I
Once again, we're joined by John Keogh and C.J. Unis to discuss COVID-19 and it's future impact on the food industry supply chain. This is Part I.
- June 11, 2020
- Meritech: The Employee Hygiene Toolbox
In this BONUS episode of Food Safety Matters, hygiene expert Paul Barnhill tells us all about Meritech's innovative Employee Hygiene Toolbox created in partnership with Food Safety Magazine.
- June 9, 2020
- Ep. 73. Keith Warriner: Applications for the Advanced Oxidation Process
University of Guelph's Keith Warriner joins us for the second time, this time discussing his advanced oxidation process and how he's been able to apply it to certain food commodities to prevent contamination.
- More Results: