Testing and Analysis
The following list is a collection of all articles in the Testing and Analysis category. To refine your list, select from the subcategories provided in the navigation bar and here for your convenience: Allergens, Chemical, Environmental Testing, Laboratory Management, Methods, Microbiological, Physical, Sampling/Sample Prep
- Software Aims to Track Contaminants, Prevent Food Safety Problems
At a time when food safety breakdowns are costing businesses more than ever, a Lincoln, NE, startup known as Presage Analytics hopes to help food processors track contaminants and prevent costly recalls and outbreaks of illness. The company's software tracks and analyzes the environmental and product testing data that companies already collect, particularly focused on microbial data, to manage and prevent problems that could lead to recalls or foodborne illness outbreaks.
- Temperature Control Devices for Respirometry Applications
PolyScience introduces two products for controlling temperature during respirometry applications: a heated circulator and a recirculating chiller.
- Challenges and Innovations for On-Farm Bacterial Testing
Diagnostic assays for on-farm use have different constraints compared with those used in traditional laboratory environment
- Food Safety Databases: A New Challenge
The widespread move from global food supply chains to food supply networks presents considerable challenges.
- Comparison of Microbiology Testing Practices
Microbiology testing practices at food plants around the world vary extensively, with food shipments across borders growing very rapidly.
- Best Practices with Allergen Swabbing
Once you know the identity of the allergens that will be tested for as part of the validation, then you must select an appropriate test method.
- The Burden of Listeriosis
Prevention and control measures should be considered for Listeria spp., not just L. monocytogenes, and at every aspect of the farm-to-fork continuum
- When STEC Are Your Target, Where Do You Aim?
Various segments of the beef processing industry now test for the Top Six EHEC using test kits or services from a number of companies or commercial laboratories.
- Modern Analysis of Chemical Contaminants in Food
Modern analytical techniques can determine known chemical contaminants in complex food matrices at very low concentration levels.
- Raw Produce Field Sampling for Biological Risks
The who, how, what, where, when and why to sample are critical to control the risks of biological contamination.
- Ensuring Success of Food Company Outsourcing
Outsourcing business functions, specifically laboratory testing may increase efficiency and cut costs with proper planning, careful contracting and ongoing oversight.
- Using Nematodes to Identify Recycled Oil in Cooking
Recycled oil, which includes both illegally recycled oil and that refined from low-quality meats and overused kitchen oil, can cause significant foodborne illness. Find out how to determine whether your cooking oil is contaminated.
- Balancing Your Approach to Chemical Contaminants
Although microbiological contaminants often take center stage in discussions about food safety and quality control in food plants, chemical contaminants and their residues also remain as significant safety and quality issues for food processors.
- Using PCR to Custom Design a Test Kit
The food safety industry has remained assiduous in developing methods and materials that test for the presence of bacterial contamination.
- Key Goals of Emerging Technologies for Inactivating Bacteria
The development and use of novel thermal and non-thermal technologies to process foods is increasing worldwide; thus, special attention must be paid to identifying the key goals for these new technologies.
- High-Throughput Toxicity Testing: New Strategies for Assessing Chemical Safety
Food industry toxicologists must also assess the safety of food-relevant chemicals, including pesticides.
- Foreign Material Control: Food Quality, Safety or Both?
Foreign material such as glass, wood, metal, fruit pits, bone or stones have the potential to cause injury.
- Tyson Foods: Getting Bigger, Serving Better
A closer look at Tyson Foods’ Corporate Laboratory and Research Services Group and how they maximize the food safety of its products.
- Current Trends in Mycotoxin Analysis
The risks associated with mycotoxins occurring in field crops, foods, feeds and animal products impact food safety.
- An Insider’s View into the Use of PCR in the Food Industry
The DNA-based methods such as polymerase chain reaction appear to offer good potential in advancing the technology of rapid microbial detection.
- More Results: