The following list is a collection of all articles in the Regulatory category. To refine your list, select from the subcategories provided in the navigation bar and here for your convenience: Audits/Certification/GFSI, FDA, FSMA, Guidelines, HACCP, Inspection, International Standards/Harmonization, USDA
- The 40th Anniversary of the Bar Code: An Update from GS1 US
GS1 Standards help the entire industry speak the same language to reduce confusion, errors and costs as well as improve the safety of our food supply.
- An International Perspective on Food Safety Packaging
The article highlights an interview with Fred Hayes, director, technical services, Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute on international packaging issues.
- Recent Foster Farms Salmonella Outbreak Illustrates USDA Food Safety Regime
Although Foster Farms avoided the harshest of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)’s enforcement measures by making immediate changes to its manufacturing practices, it did not recall its products. Find out why.
- Jensen Farms’ Fall Underscores Need for Supply Relation Oversight in Era of FSMA
The fate of Jensen Farms offers an important lesson for food companies. Failure of proper planning, careful contracting and ongoing oversight may have a substantial, and potentially devastating, effect on a food company’s business and the consumers it feeds.
- After the Shutdown: Long-Term Considerations for Food Producers
The recent government shutdown served to highlight the need for food producers and importers to aggressively strengthen their own systems and practices to ensure the integrity of their products.
- Proposed FSMA Rules Aim to Even Playing Field between Domestic and Foreign Food Suppliers
FDA attempts to secure the border for food importers around the world: A look at the Foreign Supplier Verification Program.
- U.S. and EU Requirements for Recycled Food Contact Materials
The use of recycled materials in food packaging applications is governed by the same principles that apply to all food packaging.
- Is It Time for Retail HACCP?
Many food safety hazards present themselves in the retail environment.
- Don’t Forget about Your Chemical Hazards!
The best approach to protect your product from chemical contamination is to identify the hazards in your ingredients before they can affect your final product.
- What Defines a Laboratory Quality System?
Quality management works on the organizational level to implement an overall quality policy.
- Economically Motivated Adulteration: Another Dimension of the “Expanding Umbrella of Food Defense”
Intentional economically motivated adulteration activities and initiatives in food defense are highlighted.
- Are You Ready To Address Whistleblower Complaints? Preparation Is Key
How can a food company prepare for whistleblower claims? For starters, food companies should educate their employees on the programs and processes by which the company intends to comply with the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Certification by the National Registry of Certified Microbiologists Is an Asset to Your Career
As a third-party validation of an individual’s knowledge and/or competency, certification is attractive to employers since it can be used during audits and inspections to attest the abilities of their staff.
- Produce Packers Query FDA Officials about FSMA Proposed Rules
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) officials provided insight on proposed rules for foreign supplier verification programs and the accreditation of third-party auditors during a Sept. 4 web seminar hosted by the United Fresh Produce Association, The Packer reported Sept. 5.
- Ready or Not, FDA Must Promulgate Rule on Intentional Adulteration of Food
The final schedule for promulgation of Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) required-regulations appears set, but not without an interesting legal battle.
- Utilizing the Newly Proposed Imported Food Safety Rules as a Risk Management Tool
The announcement by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration last month of proposed regulations intended to strengthen the oversight of foods imported for consumption in the U.S. has generated a great deal of publicity and comment in the media.
- Detection and Inspection Process to Enhance QC
Anritsu recently debuted Detection360™, a proprietary process to advance quality control programs and ensure superior ROI by securing all points of detection within the processing environment, while also reducing risks associated with unwanted contaminants or missing items in a company's products.
- FSMA Rule Promulgation Marches On, But Final Deadlines Remain Uncertain
The final schedule for promulgation of Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) required-regulations remains in flux.
- New Survey of Processing Companies Reveals Uncertainty of FSMA Implications
As most business owners working within heavily regulated industries can contend, keeping up with the latest rules, regulations and guidelines can be difficult. A testament to this widely held belief? The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
- Moving Ahead in Food Safety Implementation Measures for Packaging
New regulations mark the first time that packaging operations will come under the regulatory microscope in a significant way.
- More Results: