The following list is a collection of all articles in the Facilities category. To refine your list, select from the subcategories provided in the navigation bar and here for your convenience: Air/Water Monitoring, Design, Food Plant SOPs, GMPs, Hygienic Equipment Design, Sanitation
- A Tale of Unexpected Growth and Development
What do you do when you find yourself in charge of your plant’s sanitation program? How did you get here? Who in their right mind would want to be accountable for such an enormous responsibility? The shared lessons on the essentials of food sanitary plant design.
- Pet Food and Treat Safety: It’s Time for Facts, Not Fearmongering
As the voice of the U.S. pet food and treat industry, the Pet Food Institute (PFI) is talking about the manufacturing process, the regulatory environment and the companies that feed America’s dogs and cats. It’s important and our responsibility to provide those facts.
- How to Deal with a Major System Disruption in a Meat Processing Facility
Planning for major disruptions in plant processes is critical to minimize financial costs to the facility and to protect consumers.
- A Closer Look at Environmental Monitoring in the Processing Plant
Survey results are presented from more than 100 food processors on their preparations for compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Selection, Care and Maintenance Guide for Food Contact Tools and Equipment
Maintaining food equipment properly is important to ensure a sanitary processing facility.
- Biofilm: Public Enemy Number One
Food sanitation continues to receive added emphasis in all production facilities.
- The Coming Storm in the Spice Industry, Part II: What the Industry Can Do
Spices are the subject of increasing microbiological contamination-associated recalls for food pathogens.
- Hygienic Design: How Our Thinking Has Evolved
Let’s take a journey back in time and reflect on how and why hygienic design plays a critical role in food safety and pathogen control.
- Foreign Materials in Foods: Control and Evaluation
Materials such as glass, metal, wood, plastic, bone, rocks and others are among those that the industry works very hard to keep out of raw materials, ingredients and finished goods.
- Environmental Monitoring in the Era of Whole-Genome Sequencing
In reviewing environmental monitoring programs for food manufacturing facilities, a common weakness is the investigation into the root cause of the positive test result.
- Certifying Process Equipment: What’s Involved
There are many benefits for both the equipment fabricator and processor when they participate in the development and use of standards of hygienic design principles.
- Retrofitting a Food Plant to Maximize Sanitation
The success of any sanitation program, whether you are just starting or retrofitting an existing program, begins and ends with the food safety culture of the company and of the plant.
- Ready-to-Eat Foods: Preserving the Trust of the Consumer
Ready-to-eat foods pose a whole separate set of challenges when it comes to food safety.
- Integrating Pest Management Procedures to Protect Food Safety
Pest management is a critical component of food safety programs worldwide.
- Seek & Destroy: Identifying and Controlling Listeria monocytogenes Growth Niches
This article is focused on a method that Land O'Frost has been using to manage processing plant environments to eliminate the root cause of product contamination by Listeria monocytogenes.
- Glossary Useful in Defining Industry Terms
New ways of looking at the tools and techniques we use daily in our quest to ensure safe food are discussed.
- Top 10 Ingredients of a Total Food Protection Program
What your organization needs to implement a complete food protection program at all levels is presented.
- Inspections, Part 1: The Professional Sanitarian
The first article in a series discussing the multiple components of food inspections.
- Selecting Easy-to-Clean Conveyor Belts for Superior Sanitation
Food manufacturers know that the easier it is to clean and sanitize food production lines, the better the overall sanitation result.
- Inspections, Part 2: Expectations
The second article in a series discussing the multiple components of food inspections.
- More Results: