In this online feature, FSM readers find more practical and hot topic articles with contributions from experts in industry, and services and technology development companies.
Published exclusively on our webiste, Signature Series articles both further discussion of topics covered in the magazine and begin new topic threads, providing a value-added resource for food safety and quality assurance professionals.
Food Safety Magazine Signature Series content allows readers to get more information, faster. Visit often to read the latest additions to the Signature Series editorial line-up!
- Rapid Differentiation between Natural and Artificial Vanilla Flavorings for Determining Food Fraud
- April 23, 2013
- By Avinash Dalmia, George L. Perkins and Craig Whitehouse
A variety of analytical techniques have been used to differentiate between natural and artificial vanilla flavorings and are described here.
- Your Equipment Partner Needs an Effective Food Safety Culture Too
- April 22, 2013
- By Steve Blackowiak
Equipment manufacturers must have a collaborative, internal culture with a shared focus on food safety to successfully deliver cost-effective, hygienically designed equipment.
- Horsemeat Contamination Impacts Sales and Exposes Food Chain Fragility
- May 2, 2013
- By Ron Wacker, Ph.D.
Food authentication issues expose vulnerabilities of the supply chain to adulteration events.
- Packaging Line Improvements Keep Craft Brewer Focused on the Future
- April 26, 2013
- By Standard-Knapp
Improvements in food package integrity can be realized by employing innovative packaging line modules.
- How Prevention-Based Safety Chain Management Technology Increases Compliance Efficiencies
- May 14, 2013
- By Barbara Levin
How prevention-based safety chain management technology saves time, saves money and increases compliance efficiencies
- Big Data Changes Food Traceability at the Loading Dock
- June 7, 2013
- By Eric Breen
Yard and dock management systems allow easy oversight of your facility and can be a cost-effective means to increase productivity.
- Reducing Contamination Risks of Compressed Air in Food Plants: Benchmarking Good Manufacturing Practices
- June 10, 2013
- By Lee Scott
Published Good Manufacturing Practices are benchmarked to compressed air use in a food processing facility.
- Increased Safety and Traceability throughout the Supply Chain Drive Business Value
- June 13, 2013
- By Ishan Palit
A survey shows that consumers are more discerning than ever when it comes to food safety, and they are increasingly aware of food safety dangers and recalls.
- An Overview of Novel Processing Technologies for the Food Industry
- June 14, 2013
- By Evangelia Komitopoulou, Ph.D.
Novel processing technologies such as high-pressure processing, pulsed electric field and cold plasma are thought to be among the most promising of novel technologies.
- Food Safety Success in Japan Is Built on Quality
- June 25, 2013
- By Dialight
Designing food-safe lighting solutions for use in harsh industrial conditions can allow food processors to increase overall food safety.
- More Results: