In this online feature, FSM readers find more practical and hot topic articles with contributions from experts in industry, and services and technology development companies.
Published exclusively on our webiste, Signature Series articles both further discussion of topics covered in the magazine and begin new topic threads, providing a value-added resource for food safety and quality assurance professionals.
Food Safety Magazine Signature Series content allows readers to get more information, faster. Visit often to read the latest additions to the Signature Series editorial line-up!
- Workwear Solutions for Food Product Safety
- March 25, 2013
- By Fran McAteer, M.Sc., MBA
Food-related businesses now have a scientifically proven choice for effective garment disinfection consistent with their food safety goals.
- Interactive Employee Training Encourages a Food Safety Culture
- April 15, 2013
- By Laura Dunn Nelson
Public and workplace safety is jeopardized when workers either fail to apply food safety training on the job or were never correctly trained in the first place.
- Embracing FSMA from a Pest Management Perspective
- April 24, 2013
- By Shane McCoy
To comply with FSMA, food facilities should work with their food safety team and pest management partner to provide a safer environment and better product.
- Rapid Differentiation between Natural and Artificial Vanilla Flavorings for Determining Food Fraud
- April 23, 2013
- By Avinash Dalmia, George L. Perkins and Craig Whitehouse
A variety of analytical techniques have been used to differentiate between natural and artificial vanilla flavorings and are described here.
- Your Equipment Partner Needs an Effective Food Safety Culture Too
- April 22, 2013
- By Steve Blackowiak
Equipment manufacturers must have a collaborative, internal culture with a shared focus on food safety to successfully deliver cost-effective, hygienically designed equipment.
- Horsemeat Contamination Impacts Sales and Exposes Food Chain Fragility
- May 2, 2013
- By Ron Wacker, Ph.D.
Food authentication issues expose vulnerabilities of the supply chain to adulteration events.
- Packaging Line Improvements Keep Craft Brewer Focused on the Future
- April 26, 2013
- By Standard-Knapp
Improvements in food package integrity can be realized by employing innovative packaging line modules.
- How Prevention-Based Safety Chain Management Technology Increases Compliance Efficiencies
- May 14, 2013
- By Barbara Levin
How prevention-based safety chain management technology saves time, saves money and increases compliance efficiencies
- Big Data Changes Food Traceability at the Loading Dock
- June 7, 2013
- By Eric Breen
Yard and dock management systems allow easy oversight of your facility and can be a cost-effective means to increase productivity.
- Reducing Contamination Risks of Compressed Air in Food Plants: Benchmarking Good Manufacturing Practices
- June 10, 2013
- By Lee Scott
Published Good Manufacturing Practices are benchmarked to compressed air use in a food processing facility.
- More Results: