In this online feature, FSM readers find more practical and hot topic articles with contributions from experts in industry, and services and technology development companies.
Published exclusively on our webiste, Signature Series articles both further discussion of topics covered in the magazine and begin new topic threads, providing a value-added resource for food safety and quality assurance professionals.
Food Safety Magazine Signature Series content allows readers to get more information, faster. Visit often to read the latest additions to the Signature Series editorial line-up!
- Reducing Contamination Risks of Compressed Air in Food Plants: Benchmarking Good Manufacturing Practices
- By Lee Scott
Published Good Manufacturing Practices are benchmarked to compressed air use in a food processing facility.
- The Danger of Chloramphenicol in Milk
- By Mauricio Splendore, Chris Kellogg and Rohan
Chloramphenicol is a chemical contaminant of food with dire consequences; therefore, its detection is critical, especially in milk, to prevent toxicity in children.
- Big Data Changes Food Traceability at the Loading Dock
- By Eric Breen
Yard and dock management systems allow easy oversight of your facility and can be a cost-effective means to increase productivity.
- How Prevention-Based Safety Chain Management Technology Increases Compliance Efficiencies
- By Barbara Levin
How prevention-based safety chain management technology saves time, saves money and increases compliance efficiencies
- The Four Pillars that Will Transform the Food and Beverage Industry
- By Colin Thurston
Agile food and beverage companies must rest on a platform that is supported by four pillars: integration, innovation, automation and business intelligence.
- Packaging Line Improvements Keep Craft Brewer Focused on the Future
- By Standard-Knapp
Improvements in food package integrity can be realized by employing innovative packaging line modules.
- Horsemeat Contamination Impacts Sales and Exposes Food Chain Fragility
- By Ron Wacker, Ph.D.
Food authentication issues expose vulnerabilities of the supply chain to adulteration events.
- Your Equipment Partner Needs an Effective Food Safety Culture Too
- By Steve Blackowiak
Equipment manufacturers must have a collaborative, internal culture with a shared focus on food safety to successfully deliver cost-effective, hygienically designed equipment.
- Rapid Differentiation between Natural and Artificial Vanilla Flavorings for Determining Food Fraud
- By Avinash Dalmia, George L. Perkins and Craig Whitehouse
A variety of analytical techniques have been used to differentiate between natural and artificial vanilla flavorings and are described here.
- Embracing FSMA from a Pest Management Perspective
- By Shane McCoy
To comply with FSMA, food facilities should work with their food safety team and pest management partner to provide a safer environment and better product.
- More Results: