In this online feature, FSM readers find more practical and hot topic articles with contributions from experts in industry, and services and technology development companies.
Published exclusively on our webiste, Signature Series articles both further discussion of topics covered in the magazine and begin new topic threads, providing a value-added resource for food safety and quality assurance professionals.
Food Safety Magazine Signature Series content allows readers to get more information, faster. Visit often to read the latest additions to the Signature Series editorial line-up!
- Analytical Method Validation of Food Safety Tests – Demonstrating Fitness-for-Purpose
- By Sara Stead, Ph.D.
Validation of methods for food safety testing should be based on robust, accurate data.
- A New Unique Detection Technology for “Invisible” Foreign Bodies
- By Food Radar
Although detection technologies have come a long way, low-density foreign bodies are still invisible to all established detection systems—until now.
- The Four Pillars that Will Transform the Food and Beverage Industry
- By Colin Thurston
Agile food and beverage companies must rest on a platform that is supported by four pillars: integration, innovation, automation and business intelligence.
- Analysis of Pesticides in Baby Foods Using Triple Quad GC/MS/MS
- By Zhuangzhi “Max” Wang, Ph.D., Richard R. Whitney, Ph.D., Nicole M. Lock, Laura Chambers and Clifford M. Taylor
Contamination of food products with pesticides is a growing concern because of recognized adverse health effects and increasing imports of raw foodstuffs from foreign sources.
- Peracetic Acid in the Fresh Food Industry
- By Richard Warburton, ChemDAQ
Chemical treatments of food with compounds such as peracetic acid are among the most effective methods for control of microbial contamination.
- Food Safety at the Heart of Rice Processing
- By Bühler
Coupled with the ever-present need for greater capacity, efficiency and profitability, food safety is increasingly the linchpin of successful operations in the food industry.
- Contamination Evaluation Begins With Light Microscopy
- By Gretchen Shearer
Examination of foreign material in foods can be accomplished using a stereomicroscope to provide preliminary identification of the unknown material and help direct further analysis of the particle.
- Choosing the Right Pest Control Provider for Your Facility
- By Zia Siddiqi, Ph.D., B.C.E.
Pest management in food facilities is only as good as the pest management provider with whom you partner.
- Coaching Technology: Mobile App Improves Food Safety Culture
- By Laura Dunn Nelson
Food safety training can be enhanced using mobile device coaching
- Traceability is Key in Food Safety: Europe Leads the Way
- By Colin Thurston
Europe leads the globe in compliance with strict food safety regulations.
- More Results: