In this online feature, FSM readers find more practical and hot topic articles with contributions from experts in industry, and services and technology development companies.
Published exclusively on our webiste, Signature Series articles both further discussion of topics covered in the magazine and begin new topic threads, providing a value-added resource for food safety and quality assurance professionals.
Food Safety Magazine Signature Series content allows readers to get more information, faster. Visit often to read the latest additions to the Signature Series editorial line-up!
- Analysis of Flavonoids in Juices with the ACQUITY QDa Detector
- By Tracy Mui, Prabhakar Kasturi, Jinchuan Yang, Rich DeMuro and Joe Romano
The Waters® ACQUITY UPLC H-Class System with the ACQUITY QDa Detector offers the best balance of selectivity, usability and affordability for flavonoids analysis.
- Moving beyond NSF H1: What the ISO 21469 Lubricant Standard Means for Food Safety
- By Klüber Lubrication
End-users benefit from assurance through third-party process audits and product analysis that the ISO 21469-compliant lubricants will consistently meet food safety requirements.
- Safety in the Air: How Processors can Close the Door on Airborne Contamination Threats
- By Stephanie Sparks
Air quality is often overlooked as a source of contamination in food processing environments.
- Streamlined Microbiological Workflows for the Detection of Listeria monocytogenes in Food
- By Rolf Ossmer, Volker Lanz and Andreas Bubert
A detailed workflow and data for Listeria monocytogenes detection according to ISO 11290-1 is presented.
- Utilizing Fill Level Monitoring in Beverage and Food Packaging
- By Andrew Lisa
The goal of fill level inspection is to ensure that any metal cans, glass bottles, plastic bottles or composite containers are filled to exactly the correct height.
- Controlling Allergens in Food Manufacturing Plants
- By Camila Gadotti, M.S.
Allergens are responsible for the majority of food recalls in the U.S. today.
- Analytical Method Validation of Food Safety Tests – Demonstrating Fitness-for-Purpose
- By Sara Stead, Ph.D.
Validation of methods for food safety testing should be based on robust, accurate data.
- A New Unique Detection Technology for “Invisible” Foreign Bodies
- By Food Radar
Although detection technologies have come a long way, low-density foreign bodies are still invisible to all established detection systems—until now.
- Using Quality Tools and Metrics for Comparison of Error Potential in Pathogen Testing Methods
- By Maureen Harte, Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
The FMEA is now seen as an important analysis tool to be used in conjunction with the HACCP to ensure quality and brand protection. This piece details cumulative findings from a study of proficiency test data in which labs were testing for the presence or absence of four common pathogens, Escherichia coli 0157:H7, Salmonella spp., Listeria monocytogenes and Campylobacter spp. in proficiency samples.
- The Four Pillars that Will Transform the Food and Beverage Industry
- By Colin Thurston
Agile food and beverage companies must rest on a platform that is supported by four pillars: integration, innovation, automation and business intelligence.
- More Results: