In this online feature, FSM readers find more practical and hot topic articles with contributions from experts in industry, and services and technology development companies.
Published exclusively on our webiste, Signature Series articles both further discussion of topics covered in the magazine and begin new topic threads, providing a value-added resource for food safety and quality assurance professionals.
Food Safety Magazine Signature Series content allows readers to get more information, faster. Visit often to read the latest additions to the Signature Series editorial line-up!
- The Future of Food Safety: Taking a Proactive Approach with Technology
- By Mike Edgett
Your food safety solution may need to evolve with new technologies to ensure compliance with new regulations.
- Manual HACCP Monitoring – What’s the Worst that Could Happen?
- By Edward Musial and Christian Koether
Foodservice kitchens need a consistent solution for managing food safety and HACCP plans
- Using LC-MS/MS to Support Chinese Expansion in the Global Food Export Market
- By Kefei Wang and Rohan Thakur
Increasing pesticide regulations globally require innovative detection solutions for food producers.
- Rapid Detection of Microorganisms in Food and Beverage by Fluorescence
- By Sophie Barrier
A new rapid detection method, based on universal fluorescent staining of microorganisms, which significantly reduces time-to-results compared to alternative methods, is described.
- How Do You Pack a Pickled Pepper without Too Many Peter Pipers?
- By Julia Mann
Case study of a Michigan fast food supplier that makes strides in seal quality through optical inspection.
- Sanitary Design: An Often Untapped Element of Food Safety
- By Ron Harrison, Ph.D.
Sanitary design helps to not only promote operational efficiency, but also protect the integrity of food products. It can go hand and hand with pest management programs.
- Smart Temperature Alarming for Fresh Seafood
- By CAS DataLoggers, Inc.
Strict temperature control is the most effective way to slow bacterial growth and maintain seafood quality.
- Is Your ERP System Ready for the New FSMA Requirements for the Seafood Industry?
- By Ian Dyslin
The Food Safety Modernization Act will stretch the capabilities of many enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration gains greater access to virtually all of a company’s records.
- GFSI Certification at Food Manufacturers: SQF and BRC
- By Heather Angus-Lee
Global Food Safety Initiative certification is growing in importance to food companies, as businesses prepare for many components of the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Novel Ozone-based Solution Serves up New Approach to Sanitization for the Food Industry
- By Tony Reed
Food safety professionals have long hunted for a more sustainable and effective means of ensuring that their food and beverage processing facilities are as free from pathogens as is practically possible.
- More Results: