Silliker Opens New Analytical Food Lab in Querétaro, Mexico
Silliker, a Mérieux NutriSciences company and a major international network of food safety services, announced the grand opening today of its new state-of-the-art analytical lab in Querétaro, Mexico. More than 150 food safety professionals from industry, academia, and government are expected to participate in scientific forums and lab tours at the new 1,300-square-meter facility.
Built to support today’s global food safety and quality challenges, the lab includes:
- Expanded analytical chemistry capabilities underscored by a significant investment in new cutting-edge LC, HPLC, GC and ICP instrumentation
- Nutritional chemistry testing for composition and nutritional labeling
- Increased profile of chemistry testing methods providing low detection limits for current and emerging chemical contaminants
- DNA-based technology with real-time PCR and molecular biology techniques
- A full range of microbiology testing services
- Extensive capabilities leveraging a global network of more than 70 labs in 18 countries
The new Querétaro lab will benefit from an integrated and robust Quality Systems Program which is standard across the Mérieux NutriSciences global network. Querétaro and the two other labs in Guadalajara and Mexico City are positioned to serve clients with strong local support and a wide range of microbiology and analytical testing services.
“Our aim is to ensure that Mérieux NutriSciences is the food industry’s leading partner to improve food safety, nutrition and public health throughout the world,” stated Philippe Sans, president and CEO of Mérieux NutriSciences Corporation.
“Providing clients with scientific services for all their food testing needs exemplifies our commitment to delivering practical and innovative solutions throughout the food supply chain,” said Erwan Gilet, managing director for Silliker México.
For more information; visit www.merieuxnutrisciences.com.