FSIS Adds Eight Newly Approved Technologies to New Technology Table
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) today released the latest version of its New Technology Information Table, which summarizes some of the new technologies that the agency has received and reviewed, and for which FSIS has had "no objection" to use in FSIS establishments.
Technologies added in this update include:
- a modified atmosphere pressure packaging for red meat (Freezing Machines, Inc.)
- an antimicrobial on-line reprocessing system (The Vincit Group)
- an antimicrobial agent in water used in poultry processing (Nalco)
- an antimicrobial processing aid for meat and poultry (Diversey and Cryovac)
- hide-on carcass washes (DeLaval Manufacturing)
- an antimicrobial processing aid for red meat (PeroxyChem, LLC)
- a tomato lycopene-based coloring agent for ready-to-eat meat products (LycoRed Ltd.).