The following list is a collection of all articles in the Management category. To refine your list, select from the subcategories provided in the navigation bar and here for your convenience: Best Practices, Case Studies, Food Defense, International, Recall/Crisis Management, Risk Assessment, Training
- It’s Not All about the Science
Increased media coverage of food hazards has raised awareness of these hazards and increased vigilance in food-handling practices in the home.
- Economically Motivated Adulteration: Another Dimension of the “Expanding Umbrella of Food Defense”
Intentional economically motivated adulteration activities and initiatives in food defense are highlighted.
- Produce Packers Query FDA Officials about FSMA Proposed Rules
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) officials provided insight on proposed rules for foreign supplier verification programs and the accreditation of third-party auditors during a Sept. 4 web seminar hosted by the United Fresh Produce Association, The Packer reported Sept. 5.
- Software Aims to Track Contaminants, Prevent Food Safety Problems
At a time when food safety breakdowns are costing businesses more than ever, a Lincoln, NE, startup known as Presage Analytics hopes to help food processors track contaminants and prevent costly recalls and outbreaks of illness. The company's software tracks and analyzes the environmental and product testing data that companies already collect, particularly focused on microbial data, to manage and prevent problems that could lead to recalls or foodborne illness outbreaks.
- Food Safety Databases: A New Challenge
The widespread move from global food supply chains to food supply networks presents considerable challenges.
- After Acquisition: “Chemistry” Benefits Small Food Companies
The solution for a successful acquisition is to find the right relationship with a partner that shares a similar vision, particularly on food safety.
- Moving Ahead in Food Safety Implementation Measures for Packaging
New regulations mark the first time that packaging operations will come under the regulatory microscope in a significant way.
- FDA’s Changing Culture: What Every Food Company Needs to Know
FDA is becoming much more inspection-oriented and enforcement-minded, even before FSMA is fully implemented.
- Maximizing Insurance Coverage for Food Contamination Claims
Foodborne illness claims are among the greatest financial risks facing the food industry.
- The Critical Cleaning Zone
Establishing zones within the food processing facility is an important technique for reducing the likelihood of cross-contamination.
- The Role of Accreditation Bodies in Supply Chain Risk Management
Best practices dictate that a third party assess the competency of the testing lab and its compliance with the relevant standards.
- Food Safety Management: Hazard- or Risk-Based?
The main goal of food safety must be to target our food safety efforts toward the prevention of actual harm.
- Anticipating Food Safety Risks
Collaboration at all levels, within and across companies, retailers, authorities and all stakeholders is required to apply a multidisciplinary approach to food safety.
- Ensuring Success of Food Company Outsourcing
Outsourcing business functions, specifically laboratory testing may increase efficiency and cut costs with proper planning, careful contracting and ongoing oversight.
- When it Comes to Sanitation, Training Makes the Difference
The sanitation staff is the first—and best—line of defense against mishaps that can lead to costly recalls, lost product batches and workplace injuries.
- Food Safety Culture: Insurance Against Catastrophe
Culture has many ingredients. These might include values, norms, accepted behaviors, history, tradition, habits and expectations.”
- Food Safety & the CEO: Keys to Bottom Line Success
The CEO should know all about food safety for the proper management of the business.
- Incident Management: Food Safety Requires Competence
With food safety-related recalls becoming more commonplace, it is essential for incident response teams to understand and implement effective and transparent processes.
- Animal Welfare and Food Safety
When we debate how animals should be treated, we are also debating the safety of our food.
- Costco Wholesale: Food Safety from the Top Down
When customers buy food products at Costco, they are assured of the company’s highest commitment to food safety.
- More Results: