Welcome to Food Safety Magazine's blog, where a community of food safety experts share their thoughts and knowledge on various food safety topics.
- What to Expect Now that the First Big FSMA Compliance Dates Are Here
Joann Givens, co-chair of the FSMA Operations Team Steering Committee and director of FDA’s Food and Feed Program in the Office of Regulatory Affairs, explains what the next few months will look like for these food facilities.
- The Art of War in Food Defense
Food defense is a balancing act, where maximizing benefit must include careful consideration of financial and human costs. Is your food defense plan in balance?
- Food Company Proprietary Information: A Target for Cyber-based Adversaries
Food defense begins with safeguarding your company’s proprietary information. Find out how.
- The ISIS Files and Belgium: Food Industry Implications
How can you safeguard infrastructure targets like the food supply from targeted terrorism? The threat is real.
- Industrial Chemical Systems Threat Mitigation—An Important Element in Food Defense
Food personnel safety and security plans are not stand-alone efforts, unconnected to the business practices that make for company success, they must be firmly integrated into the company’s food safety culture.
- A New Partnership with Canada on Food Safety
FDA outlines its partnership with Canada aimed at benefiting consumers on both sides of the border.
- Produce in Multiple Ann Arbor Grocery Stores Targeted by Man Spraying Mouse Poison
Do we have a vulnerable food supply? What should our response be?
- Power Outage Shows Hacker Threats Are a Real Threat to the Food Industry
What are the implications of breaches in cybersecurity for the food industry? Knowing the targets is key.
- Is Terrorism a Threat to the U.S. Food Industry?
Are global food supplies at risk in this age of terrorism? You be the judge.
- Book Review: Genetic Modification and Food Quality: A Down to Earth Analysis
Huub Lelieveld, a co-chair on Food Safety Magazine's Editorial Advisory Board, reviews a new food safety book written by Robert Blair and Joe M. Regenstein.
- More Results: