Welcome to Food Safety Magazine's blog, where a community of food safety experts share their thoughts and knowledge on various food safety topics.
- Produce in Multiple Ann Arbor Grocery Stores Targeted by Man Spraying Mouse Poison
Do we have a vulnerable food supply? What should our response be?
- Power Outage Shows Hacker Threats Are a Real Threat to the Food Industry
What are the implications of breaches in cybersecurity for the food industry? Knowing the targets is key.
- Is Terrorism a Threat to the U.S. Food Industry?
Are global food supplies at risk in this age of terrorism? You be the judge.
- Book Review: Genetic Modification and Food Quality: A Down to Earth Analysis
Huub Lelieveld, a co-chair on Food Safety Magazine's Editorial Advisory Board, reviews a new food safety book written by Robert Blair and Joe M. Regenstein.
- Blue Bell and the Very Real Impact of the Food Safety Modernization Act
Could the deadly outbreak of illnesses tied to contaminated ice cream have been prevented?
- FSMA: The Future Is Now
FDA is holding the “FDA Food Safety Modernization Act Public Meeting: Focus on Implementation Strategy for Prevention-Oriented Food Safety Standards.”
- World Health Day 2015: A Global Focus on Food Safety
Food safety is a public health issue that affects all nations – from the most advanced to the most poor. World Health Day, observed on April 7 each year to mark the anniversary of the 1948 founding of the World Health Organization (WHO), gives us an opportunity to reflect on the progress that has been made to address the need for strong food safety systems, and on the enormous challenges that lie ahead.
- From the New CFSAN Director: Reflections on My First Two Months
I have been the director of FDA’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) for two months now. What I have enjoyed the most about this new job has been getting to know the people in CFSAN, who come from incredibly varied and interesting backgrounds. I am truly impressed by their commitment to excellence and dedication to our mission to protect and promote public health.
- Making the Case for Critical FSMA Funding
Over the past two years, my colleagues and I have written here about what FDA is doing to create the preventive, risk-based food safety system mandated by the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). We’ve taken you along on our visits to farms and food facilities to get input on the FSMA rules we have proposed. We’ve described the changes we’re making within FDA and the framework we’re building to implement those rules after they become final in late 2015 and early 2016.
- Food Safety is a Matter of National Security
When President Obama addresses the nation on Tuesday night, he will undoubtedly talk about the pressing national security issues facing our country.
- More Results: