Welcome to Food Safety Magazine's blog, where a community of food safety experts share their thoughts and knowledge on various food safety topics.
- Making the Case for Critical FSMA Funding
Over the past two years, my colleagues and I have written here about what FDA is doing to create the preventive, risk-based food safety system mandated by the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). We’ve taken you along on our visits to farms and food facilities to get input on the FSMA rules we have proposed. We’ve described the changes we’re making within FDA and the framework we’re building to implement those rules after they become final in late 2015 and early 2016.
- Food Safety is a Matter of National Security
When President Obama addresses the nation on Tuesday night, he will undoubtedly talk about the pressing national security issues facing our country.
- Food Safety Together
- FDA and the Global Food Safety Partnership.
- From Wariness to Welcome: Engaging New England on Food Safety
Response to FSMA is changing for the better.
- Pathogen Diagnostic Platforms and the Jam Study
The explosion in the number of food safety pathogen Dx platforms is confusing the customer and hindering change.
- Troubling Times for Food Safety Diagnostic Companies
Increased competition, the growing dominance of food contract testing labs and changes in product mix are turning good times to troubled ones for some food safety diagnostic companies.
- The Food Contract Lab Business Approaches 50
This blog post, discussing the importance of food contract labs (FCLs) to the food safety testing market, looks at the evolution of the FCL market over the last 50 years.
- Food Contract Labs Are Taking a Big Bite Out of Food Safety Testing
Faced with the Food Safety Modernization Act and the possible requirement of lab accreditation, food companies are questioning the role and scope of their food plant labs and considering alternatives. Is using a food contract lab right for you?
- FSMA & Lab Accreditation: Tipping Point for Food Safety Testing Labs?
Will the Food Safety Modernization Act and the push for the accreditation of food safety testing labs be the tipping point in moving analysis of food samples from food plant labs to contract testing labs?
- Are All Salmonella Created Equal?
Not all bacteria equally cause disease if present in food. This blog takes a look at what virulence in the realm of foodborne illness really means.
- More Results: