Welcome to Food Safety Magazine's blog, where a community of food safety experts share their thoughts and knowledge on various food safety topics.
- Pathogen Diagnostic Platforms and the Jam Study
The explosion in the number of food safety pathogen Dx platforms is confusing the customer and hindering change.
- Troubling Times for Food Safety Diagnostic Companies
Increased competition, the growing dominance of food contract testing labs and changes in product mix are turning good times to troubled ones for some food safety diagnostic companies.
- The Food Contract Lab Business Approaches 50
This blog post, discussing the importance of food contract labs (FCLs) to the food safety testing market, looks at the evolution of the FCL market over the last 50 years.
- Food Contract Labs Are Taking a Big Bite Out of Food Safety Testing
Faced with the Food Safety Modernization Act and the possible requirement of lab accreditation, food companies are questioning the role and scope of their food plant labs and considering alternatives. Is using a food contract lab right for you?
- FSMA & Lab Accreditation: Tipping Point for Food Safety Testing Labs?
Will the Food Safety Modernization Act and the push for the accreditation of food safety testing labs be the tipping point in moving analysis of food samples from food plant labs to contract testing labs?
- Are All Salmonella Created Equal?
Not all bacteria equally cause disease if present in food. This blog takes a look at what virulence in the realm of foodborne illness really means.
- The Art of Handwashing
Proper employee handwashing and hygiene help to ensure high standards of food safety at foodservice establishments.
- Food Safety: From the Local to the Global
Food managers and operators must balance the demands of regulators, customers and company profits. Ask the Health Inspector focuses on food safety in the public health sector.
- Thoughts on the Preventive Controls Draft
Food Safety Magazine editorial advisory board member Rick Stier offers some thoughts on the FSMA proposed preventive controls rule.
- Over-Hyped? An Analysis of CDC’s Foodborne Outbreak Data—1998-2010
A closer look at CDC’s foodborne outbreak data between 1998 and 2010 suggests a link to media hype, but also a vastly improving food safety system.
- More Results: